300 (See Health below for further details)
77% (See Speed below for further details)
The Heavy is the face of Team Fortress 2, and the character many players often think of when they hear of the game. He appears prominently on box-art, promotional materials, and loading screens. He starred in the very first Meet the Teamvideo, and he has appeared in all further videos to date.
The Heavy is voiced by Gary Schwartz.
Main articles: Heavy tips, Heavy strategy
- Hold MOUSE2 to keep your Minigun spinning, ready for approaching enemies.
- You're a great Medic buddy. Keep a clear line of sight to your Medic to keep the Medigun on you.
- Hit E to call for a Medic if you get hurt. Nearby Medics will be notified of your need.
- Your Minigun chews up a lot of ammo. Pick up fallen ammo boxes to refill your supply.
- The Heavy's hands will occasionally turn invisible if he dies or taunts with his melee weapon out.
- A glitch involving the Heavy dying while firing the Minigun can occur; upon respawning, the Minigun may show a muzzle flash and make firing noises even though its unrevved.
- Depleting all of the ammo of any Minigun by lightly tapping the primary fire while keeping it spun-up with secondary fire allows the Heavy to appear to be firing indefinitely despite having no ammunition. Sounds will play and a muzzle flash is visible, but no damage will be dealt.
- A Heavy with any melee weapon as his active weapon can continue to attack while stunned, albeit with invisible animations.
- If a Heavy spins up his primary and taunts while keeping the secondary fire held down, the barrel will not spin after the taunt is finished. This can be fixed by firing or unrevving.
- The Heavy's voice actor, Gary Schwartz, voices the Demoman as well.
- The songs that the Heavy may sing as part of his response rules include Mily Balakirev's 'Song of the Volga Boatmen', Chopin's 'Funeral March', Khachaturian's 'Sabre Dance'.
- The emblem on the Heavy's sleeve was originally a skull and crossbones. This is still visible in Meet the Heavy and in a backdrop for TF2's library page on Steam.
- The Heavy is the mascot of "Heavy Gulp", a brand of drink sold in Left 4 Dead 2.
- In the Left 4 Dead comic "The Sacrifice", a RED Heavy statue appears on Louis' work desk during his recollection. 
- The Heavy takes a starring role as one of the four main characters in Telltale Games' Poker Night at the Inventory.
- Players can unlock the Iron Curtain for use in Team Fortress 2 by knocking him out of a tournament in which he buys with the weapon instead of the normal $10,000.
- He describes how listening to Huey Lewis on the battlefield helps keeps spirits up while fighting.
- His favorite movies are The Dirty Dozen and first 20 minutes of Rocky IV.
- An in-game conversation suggests that the Heavy is very educated, having gone to college and receiving a PhD in Russian literature. When asked if he uses his education in his line of work, he responds with "More than you would think."
- An image of the Heavy makes a cameo as the King of Diamonds in the "Team Fortress 2", "Poker Night" and "Poker Night Alternative" decks, respectively, as well as the King of Hearts in the "Team Fortress 2" deck.
- The Heavy makes an appearance in Worms: Reloaded as part of one of the forts; the rest of the fort is composed of Dustbowl. A plastic mask of the Heavy also makes an appearance as one of the hats selectable for the player's worms.
- The Gunner class of Monday Night Combat has a promo item resembling the Heavy's ammo belt, named "Bavcon".
- The name "Bavcon" comes from bandolier, the type of ammo belt that Heavy wears. Bacon is a running gag throughout Monday Night Combat.
- The first BLU team Heavy resembled John Henry.
- Heavy posted his first blog post on April 7, 2011  while Soldier was on jury duty.
- In the Meet the Director comic, it was revealed that Heavy sleeps in a bed next to Sasha, who is in a smaller bed.
- It was also mentioned that the Heavy's father was a "counter-revolutionary" who was executed, and that his mother, sisters and himself were sent to a north Siberian Gulag in September 1941. The gulag was destroyed and all prisoners escaped in December of the same year.
- In the Bombinomicon comic, it was revealed that the Heavy works to feed his family, meaning he is still in contact with them. This is confirmed in later comics, where he is seen reuniting with his family in A Cold Day in Hell.
- The Heavy is a Familiar (a pet) in the game Dungeon Defenders. The three other TF2 Familiars in the same game are the Pyro, Medic and Engineer.
- The Heavy appears in the teaser trailer in Dungeon Defenders, where he fights against the BLU team on the Gravel Pit and gets pulled by the hero character Huntress into a portal to the Dungeon Defenders universe.
- The Heavy, along with the Pyro and the Spy, is a playable character as one character called "Team Fortress" in the PC version of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Heavy drives the boat whilst Pyro and Spy drive the standard car and the plane respectively.
- The Heavy makes an appearance in the film Chef on a background of an iPad Mini, while wearing the Connoisseur's Cap and eating a Sandvich on Dustbowl's first stage.